[EventCalendar] little calendar, big calendar?

CVC webmaster cvc at cvcbike.org
Sun Dec 28 21:52:38 UTC 2008

On 12/28/08 1:25 PM, Rick Boatright wrote:
> Huh, it doesn't on my blogs.
>
> Please take a look at www.oaregion4.org <http://www.oaregion4.org>
> there are a LOT of posts on October 4. and 5 (check the archives)
>
> if you go to the event calendar page, and navigate to October, you will
> not see ANYTHING on Oct 4 and 5 on the big calendar.

Right. There are no events for 10/4-5/2008 on either your small or large
calendars, and multiple posts on those days.

That SHOULD be what's happening on my site: There will be two classes of
other posts (which use other categories but not Calendar).

What I'm looking to do is display *only* the Calendar category events in
both the big or small calendars. Other posts should not go on either
calendar. Unclear how to do this.

> Do you have "Keep Events Seperate" set in the EC3 options page
> REALLY????  no offense but dozens of times, I've forgotten to hit
> save....   otherwise, I'm confused unless Alex or someone chimes in

No offense taken! I am the king of misconfiguration. However, in this
case, I did verify that "Keep Events Separate" is enabled.

> Do you have a URL we could look at??????

There's a dummy site here:

http://staging.potrzebie.org/wordpress/

user admin, pass website09

Note that in the large calendar displays both rides and non-ride posts:

http://staging.potrzebie.org/wordpress/?page_id=42

This is with the 3.2.dev-02 prerelease version. Also (and probably
unrelated to the ride/not ride issue) this version displays a "January
2009" title for the calendar even though it's really a December 2008
calendar. The system clock is correct. Is this another misconfig, or
something funny in the code?

thanks!

David Newman
CVC webmaster