[EventCalendar] little calendar, big calendar?

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Dec 29 18:42:00 UTC 2008

Rick Boatright wrote:
> I don't know how to say this then, but there's something "odd" about your
> installation, because no one EVER has reported any problem with dates and
> inclusiveness in 3.1.x
> Something's weird in your database, and I don't know what.
>
> I hope Alex shows up, he may have an idea.

I think it's just that the default is different in 3.2.dev-02. By default the
big calendar works like the sidebar calendar - it shows events *and* posts.

If you want to change that you set show_only_events=1. There's a checkbox for
that on the sidebar widget control panel, but for the big calendar you have to
 set it in the placeholder:

[EC3BigCalendar:show_only_events=1]

That's obviously caused loads of confusion, so now I'm torn. Should we change
the default so that the big calendar behaves as you expected? Or should we
keep it the way it is so the big calendar is consistent with the sidebar calendar?

I'm leaning towards changing the default.

:: Let me solve your problems: http://www.firetree.net/alex/