[EventCalendar] Importer from rsevent

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Dec 29 19:36:10 UTC 2008

Thomas Diesenreiter wrote:
> Hi dear eventcalendar-devs,
>
> I am thinking about moving to your plugin from the rs_event plugin,
> which was pretty popular back in the old days - but its unmaintained
> since about two years now.
>
> Is there an easy way to import the dates into your plugin?
> rs_event stores the date information into a simple meta field called
> rs_event like this: 1230926400.

What's that number? Is it C time (seconds since 1st Jan 1970)?

> Do you think, somebody could help me?

I would have thought you could do it with a simple SQL query. Do you know SQL?

I can write the INSERT part for you, but I don't know how WP's post metadata
is stored in the DB. Anyone else know?

:: Let me solve your problems: http://www.firetree.net/alex/