[EventCalendar] Fatal Error

Jeff Dodson jeff at singularmarketing.com
Mon Dec 29 22:33:48 UTC 2008

With Alex's announcement that the latest dev version corrects the calendar
title issue and others confirmation, I decided to go there again.  This
fatal error happened last time, but I don't think I did the entire
deactivate routine.  This time I removed the widgets, then deactivated the
3.1.4 plugin.  I then uploaded the dev version provided in a link from Alex
earlier today and proceeded to activate.  Activating the calendar seemed to
go fine.  Next I activated the widget plugin, and I got the error I got last
time.  I can not browse any part of my site, every page simply displays this
message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ec3_widget_title() (previously declared in
/home/jeffdcom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar/options.php:210
) in /home/jeffdcom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar/widget.php
on line 40

I know I will be able to go in and delete the plugin via ftp and delete the
current events, and eventually install again, but what a pain.

How is this avoided?

Thanks,

Jeff Dodson