[EventCalendar] How do you delete an event?

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 03:12:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Charles Anthony
<charlesanthony at ottawalivemusic.com> wrote:
> How do you delete an event?   or convert it into a post?
> and
> What is the difference between "ec3_event" and "ec3_post" for the purposes
> of this calendar?

You can either delete the whole post (removing the content, title, and
everything from the blog), or you can remove the event calendar data
(by hitting that minus sign to remove the date ... and put it in
another post category).

> My gut instinct tells me that I must be missing something obvious but I do
> not know.  I apologize ahead of time if my questions sound absurd but I
> think a bit of background may clarify.
>
> Basically, I want everything on my calendar to refer to posts.  Having
> them all as posts seems fine for my purposes.  However, I seem to have
> accidentally made a listing appear as an event.  I want to change it to a
> post but I can not see how I can do that.

All events *are* posts.  Just posts with an event date(s) attached to
them that are in the events category.

> I deleted the post.  However, the link to the previous "ec3_event"
> remained on my calendar but pointed to nothing and yielded a 404 page.  I
> would have liked to been able to delete that listing on the calendar but I
> do not see how.
>
> So, I re-created a new post with the same hyperlink as the deleted one
> being sure NOT to enter anything in the Event Editor section however that
> made no difference.  I still have it appearing as an "ec3_event" in the
> calendar.
>
> The post in question is the only one listed under January 1st, 2009 here:
> http://ottawalivemusicscene.com/

Do you mean the post at:
http://ottawalivemusicscene.com/2009/01/01/qor%E2%80%99umn/

That is still in the events category ... Not sure what we are looking at. Sorry.

Hope this helps a little.  If not, try again ...

Damon