[EventCalendar] automating multiple entries

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 17:17:20 UTC 2008

ok...  yes,  there are two tables you will need to populate,  the wp posts
table and the ec3 events table.

What I'm confused about with your 500 non-recurring events is where the
event-definition and description text is coming from....

but yes,   if you had a table,  perhaps a csv file?  That had date, time,
event name, event description in it,  you could very easily hack up a php or
perl script that would populate the wp posts table and the ec3 events table
from that.

There are two places to start :

http://www.zackpreble.com/2008/03/28/importing-posts-from-csv-file-into-wordpress/

you'll have to take his csv.php file, and ADD the code to append records
onto the  EC3 table as well as the wp posts table, but his code and
technique is a really good place to start, since he has a complete csv
importer written that runs off the IMPORT tab of the admin interface of
wordpress.

OR there is a csv importer plugin which would be a decent place to start
from as well

http://www.jayblogger.com/the-birth-of-my-first-plugin-import-csv/

both of these are open source, the php is unencrypted and pretty easy to
read.

Does that help?

Rick