[EventCalendar] Future date links in small calendar problem

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Dec 31 17:49:18 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

Grrr! Your Wordpress is rewriting the feed address. How stupid can it
get??

This address should yield some XML:
http://strokersonline.com/?feed=ec3xml&year=2009&monthnum=1

Instead, Wordpress is rewriting that URL to
  http://strokersonline.com/2009/01/feed/ec3xml/

...which it then tries to parse, and realises that it doesn't
understand! (Curiously, my WP2.6 blog *does* understand that type of
URL, so I'm not sure what's wrong with it.)

The whole canonical redirection function in recent versions of
Wordpress is just so broken, words fail me. It used to at least leave
feed addresses unmolested, perhaps they've "enhanced" it in v2.7 to
break feed addresses as well as normal ones.

This kind of problem is really depressing to address, since it's
entirely artificial and deliberately *created* by fools. Fools I tell
you!

Try turning off your permalinks entirely (or switch to a different
scheme). I bet that fixes the problem. If so, then let me know and
I'll try to gird my loins and put together a comprehensive solution.
Don't hold your breath though.