[EventCalendar] Version 3.2.beta1

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 19:34:03 UTC 2008

On 12/31/08, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:
> I've just released v3.2.beta1:

Awesome!

> o Iconlets (dumb name?)
> This is a new default way to display event times in the post. It's a lot nicer
> than the horrid old red boxes. The settings page now allows you to choose
> between the old and new style - the option is now called "Show times within
> post content".

Maybe a dumb name - wink - but I don't have any better ideas.

> We've had a lot of people obviously not understand what the old option did, so
> I've reworded it to be clearer. I realise that invalidates lots of
> translations, but I really think it's worth it. What's your opinion?

I say go for changes and put out the word for translation fixes!  (And
let's change the widget to "Events List" while we are at it - wink.)

> What else would you like to see before a release?

I don't know if this needs to come before a release ... maybe a 3.2.1
or a 3.3 thing ... but I would like to see a way for someone using a
widget to be able to customize the layout of the "Events List" ... one
can do this when you insert the function directly in the theme, but I
like the idea of folks (msyelf, included) being able to get as much
customization out of the plugin without actually having to code
anything ... for the widget calendar, I think, you added some nice
clickable options ... would be neat if those options could be widget
configurable.

> (And *don't* say repeating events :-)

Ok.

Damon