[EventCalendar] Future date links in small calendar problem

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Dec 31 19:43:48 UTC 2008

Damon Timm wrote:
> On 12/31/08, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:
>> The whole canonical redirection function in recent versions of Wordpress is
>> just so broken, words fail me. It used to at least leave feed addresses
>> unmolested, perhaps they've "enhanced" it in v2.7 to break feed addresses as
>> well as normal ones.

Yes, I've just checked and WP2.7 now breaks feed links as well as normal ones.

>> This kind of problem is really depressing to address, since it's entirely
>> artificial and deliberately *created* by fools. Fools I tell you!

> Is this a "bug" or just idoicy?  Could we file it?

Well, it's a "bug" in that it doesn't work.

It's "idiocy" in that the whole idea is just broken from first conception. The
core problem is that WP URLs are a mess, fixing that would be a huge rewrite.

> (Of course, I don't think I heard anything after our *last* filing ...)

Quite.

:: Let me solve your problems: http://www.firetree.net/alex/