[EventCalendar] Event Calendar only recognizing Publish Date NOT Event Date

Andy Kieffer akieffer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 20:41:37 UTC 2008

What am I missing here.  All works as it should:

-I can see the calendar
-Hovering over dates gives me correct event details
-When I click - I'm shown the events posts that were published that
day rather than the actual events of the day

I've used the Event Editor embedded in the "write post" function but
the post timestamp is either manually set, or automatically set to the
moment that you push publish - that's the one the Events Calendar
seems to be pickup up on.

The problem also manifests itself in my nav links across the top:
Today's events, this week's events, etc.  I get the events that were
published on the corresponding days rather than those that are
actually happening.

I'm expecting that I've overlooked something silly.  This is my first
blog, and even though I'm learning as fast as I can, I'm feeling a bit
over my head.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy