[EventCalendar] Javascript conflict with jdGallery | Only SAFARI

Darrell Schulte d at schulte.mn
Sat May 10 02:21:39 UTC 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Jose Manuel Zea wrote:

> Hi all:
>

> I´m trying the Options Theme (http://justintadlock.com/options/) and
> on
> Safari there is a conflict, and the SmoothGallery
> (http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/what/  ) doesn´t work. I know the
> conflict is with the EventCalendar javascript, because I deactivated
> the
> rest of the plugins, and when I switch off the Calendar it works.
>

> Does anyone know what is happening? Any ideas?

Without looking at it -- I'd say it's related to the following:

http://wpcal.firetree.net/faq/

Q. Why doesn’t my dynamic calendar work? When I click ‘next’ it just
takes me to the next month’s archive.

A. The JavaScript initialization hasn’t run. It’s possible that your
theme doesn’t call wp_head() - try switching to the default theme.

It’s more likely that another plug-in is grabbing the window.onload
event. Turn off your other plug-ins one at a time until you find the
bad one. Then contact that plug-in’s author and ask them to fix the
problem. Post your findings to the mailing list too - I’d like to
build a list of incompatible plug-ins.

see also: http://blog.firetree.net/2005/07/17/javascript-onload/

See what you can find out -- maybe it's the onLoad issue.

Darrell