[EventCalendar] How to format ec3_the_schedule()

Unwork Studio studio at unwork.co.uk
Wed May 21 16:24:13 UTC 2008

Hi Mark,

Yes, I seem to have sorted it - not entirely sure how but it involved
deleting some lines of code and changing alot of the the if/else
stuff. Ended up with this;

     if($s->allday) //all day
     {
       if($date_start!=$date_end)
       {
         $result.=sprintf($format_single,$date_start,$time_start); //
no idea what this does
       }
       elseif($date_start!=$current)
       {
         $current=$date_start;
         $result.=sprintf($format_single, "$date_start / All day"); //
this changes the all day output
       }
     }
     else
     {
       if($date_start!=$date_end)//same day
       {
         $current=$date_start;
         $result.=sprintf($format_range,
           "$date_start / $time_start","$date_end /
$time_end",__('to','ec3'));
       } // this effects Several Days and times
       else
       {
         if($date_start!=$current)
         {
           $current=$date_start;
           $result.=sprintf($format_single,
           "$date_start / $time_start to $time_end");
       }  //The offending piece of code

       }
     }
   }
   return sprintf($format_wrapper,$result);
}

Which, combined with edited schedule definitions;

define('EC3_DEFAULT_FORMAT_SINGLE','<tr><td class="ec3_only">Event
Date & Time: %s </td></tr>');  //only effects all day setting now
define('EC3_DEFAULT_FORMAT_RANGE','<tr><td class="ec3_start">Event
Date & Time: %2$s</td></tr>');
define('EC3_DEFAULT_FORMAT_WRAPPER','<table class="ec3_schedule">%s</
table>');

Seemed to have done the trick. I'm sure this is a ridiculous way of
doing things but I'm no programmer and I'm now very happy with the
results! Thanks for your input ... this plugin has solved a sizeable
problem for me!

Cheers,

Jason