[EventCalendar] RE: Any chance this will become a "real" plugin?

Mary Canady mcanady at comprendiagroup.com
Tue Oct 7 23:59:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have been using Event Calendar for a few years now. A few months ago I
made a string of postings, trying to get the Big Calendar to work. I finally
got it to work on one installation (link in my signature) and now I'm
struggling with the installation on this site (permalinks in sidebar won't
work-they all link to the same random post, and I've changed them to just
link to the calendar page out of desperation):

http://sdbn.org

If anyone knows a solution, please help. I updated from WP 2.5 to 2.6.1,
that should be the only change. I am using the WP 2.5 patch with the Big
Calendar patch, kindly provided by Derek Ricciardi:

http://penguin.firetree.net/pipermail/eventcalendar/2008-August/003229.html

The problem comes because earlier I fixed my problem with an older version
of WP, and I can't tell from the mailing list whether there is a patch for
going from 2.5 to 2.6.1-I also find Sourceforge very confusing. Is there any
chance this will become a true plugin, i.e., one that is listed on Wordpress
with a history and all the necessary information to maintain and use it
reliably? No offense but this mailing list is for the birds-almost
impossible to find things. I am fairly sure Alex Tingle has given up on this
plugin-is there anyone else who wants to take the initiative to start
supporting it? Currently, my company is on a shoestring, but I would be
willing to go "in" on an initial investment via paypal for a functioning
plugin-I'd be willing to put $100 in. If others will, too, please chime in!
I've used other event calendar plugins that don't have as much
functionality, and prefer this one, but it sure is a pain!

Thanks! Keep in mind that although you may have Gerry-rigged this plugin to
work on your site today, it's likely it will not work after wordpress is
upgraded.

J Mary

NOTE NEW EMAIL AND WEBSITE ADDRESS

Mary Canady, Ph.D.