[EventCalendar] RE: Any chance this will become a "real" plugin?

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:48:12 UTC 2008

Mary,

I have to admit to being a bit confused.

The sdbn.org calendar seems to work fine.  What's wrong with it?

I just finished installing Derek'  patched version of EC3 into a new
installation of wp 2.6 and it APPEARS to work fine for me

http://www.oaregion4.org/blog1

unles there's something I'm missing out on.

I did have to change 3 occurances of &$VAR   to $VAR in Derek's code to get
it to run, but once I did, it seemed "all good"

The bigcalendar page is running with a custom template that has

<? ec_get_calendar(,1) ?>  and by golly,  Viola, big calendar.

The sidebar widget works...  and the event catagory works and ages properly.

I'm not sure what you're saying is wrong.  Can you help me a little.

I too _wish_ someone would pick up or fork EC3 --  the problem is, of
course, that forking is _SO_ unpleasent.  If Mr Tingle came out of somewhere
and said "That's it, who wants the keys to the Sourceforge code"  We could
put a committee together.

It's VERY annoying that EC3 isn't on the wordpress.org site and that most of
the folks there are going to various google-calendar systems.  The
disadvantage of that is substantial since it moves away from "everything is
a post."  :-)

SO.......   please help me understand a little better what's wrong with your
sdbn.org site, and I'll try to help.

Rick