[EventCalendar] RE: Any chance this will become a "real" plugin?

David Garlitz dgarlitz at wesleyan.edu
Wed Oct 8 07:48:47 UTC 2008

Hi everyone - I've been following Mary's posts about getting Big
Calendar up and running, and I also downloaded Derek's patched
version (thanks Derek!). Since then, I've been putting in some fixes
of my own. As far as I can tell (and I haven't tested it extensively,
just used it for myself), my version works fine in regular calendar,
big calendar, and upcoming events modes.

Here's the link to my version, patch(s) applied:
http://design.davidgarlitz.com/downloads/eventcalendar3.zip

A few caveats: I've tweaked it a bit to suit my needs (added a
"location" field, as another subscriber suggested, changed the output
in some cases from "table" to "div," reordered the date and time, and
other such things). I've also added filters to make it compatible
with the plugin Language Switcher (these won't normally affect
anything if that plugin is not present, I hope...), so you may find
that it WORKS, but the results are slightly different from what you
had before. Drop me a line and I can tell you specifically what I did
and how to change these elements. But as far as I can tell all the
"core" elements (e.g. links to posts, calendar display, etc) work fine.

Let me know how it works for you all!
Dave