[EventCalendar] Wordpress 2, 6+ and BigCalendar modifications per Derek, Mary and David

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:32:04 UTC 2008

David,  can you please post your diff's?

What did you change and where?

Ideally, the BEST thing would be to compare against the 2.5+ patched version
currently in the SVN repository at sourceforge.

Guys,  I wonder if we have enough interest to seriously consider a fork of
this...  EC3BC or some such.  The problem with everyone posting "complete
plugins" is that it makes it hard for everyone ELSE to figure out what
you're changing.

Who would be up to be on a committee to put together a NEW   EC3BC blog site
and host the patched version?

What I don't want to have happend is what's happened when Alex went away and
no one ELSE has the ability to post to the EC3 blog.

Open source projects have well defined lifespans based on that sort of
problem and the only solution I know of is a large enough community of
contributors.

Ideally, I would like to see four or five people on the committee with admin
privlidges on the blog so that as folks go away, someone still has the
ability to bring up a NEW person.

If we're going to do this,  I think there's three elements that will be
nessesary:

   1.  new blog with a team who can post to it, and who can moderate
   comments.
   2. a wiki to help with documentation.  It took me a half day of reading
   code the first time before the penny dropped on how to make a page with a
   bigcalendar.
   3. Forum rather than mailing list?   I'm not saying we have to but
   really, mailing lists are so 20th century.

Anyway,  Who's up?  (Note, I don't think you have to be much of a PROGRAMMER
to be on that team.  In particular we need a documentation person.  :-)

Rick