[EventCalendar] Wordpress 2, 6+ and BigCalendar modifications per Derek, Mary and David

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:25:29 UTC 2008

Lorenzo,

Assuming you mean this one:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-events/

there are a LOT of issues, the largest being that EC3 at its base thinks
about POSTS and events _ARE_ posts.  wp-events does not.  Events are utterly
seperate from posts.  Philosophically that's not the way I think a WP events
system should go.

I have a similar issue with the various events plugins that link to Ical or
Google Calendar.  Why post SOMEWHERE ELSE?   I want to do my work in WP.

EC3 "feels right" to me.

Rick