[EventCalendar] New stable release. Move to svn.wp-plugins.org

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Thu Oct 9 15:24:51 UTC 2008

Hi there,

Rick Boatright's prodded me into giving Event Calendar some long overdue
attention. Thank you Rick! Rick says that he and several others are very
keen to move forward with EC development. That's brilliant, and I want
to make it as easy for you all as possible.

I've (just now) moved the trunk development over to wp-plugins.org,
which provides a lot of automated support for WP plug-in development. I
propose that we start by making a new stable release, and then you guys
can get cracking with new development.

So, two BIG questions:

1. What's broken when EC is installed on WP2.6.2?

Are there any vital patches that Darrell hasn't already applied? If so,
then let's get them applied in the next few days.

2. Who's keen to contribute?

I'll need your WordPress login. I already have Jess Planck, Darrell
Schulte and Rick Boatright. Anyone else?

If you go and register at http://wpcal.firetree.net, then I'll give you
write-access to that blog, too.

The future...

I propose that we keep this mailing list going. The amount of traffic on
it suggests that you all find it a useful resource. The custom Google
search on http://wpcal.firetree.net also searches the list archives - I
think that's a mine of really useful information.

With more developers, there's a need for a less help-orientated forum.
Can Trac provide that? Would you like me to start a new developers'
mailing list?

Perhaps we/you could use the blog at http://wpcal.firetree.net as a
forum for discussing development progress? If we want to promote EC,
then it would certainly help to have a frequently updated web-site
devoted to it.

regards,

-Alex Tingle

--