[EventCalendar] New stable release. Move to svn.wp-plugins.org

Kurt Greenbaum kurt at igreenbaum.com
Thu Oct 9 15:59:39 UTC 2008

Friends:

As a consumer of (and small financial contributor to) this plugin, it's
exciting to see so much enthusiasm around this. Thank you. I use it on my
church's web site (stmartinschurch.org).

Is there a list somewhere of feature requests? The lady in our church who
updates the site (and the calendar) would probably love to see what's
planned -- and make some suggestions, if that's possible.

This question may also be premature. Feel free to direct me to the right
place to channel this...

Thank you again.

Kurt Greenbaum

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Rick Boatright's prodded me into giving Event Calendar some long overdue
> attention. Thank you Rick! Rick says that he and several others are very
> keen to move forward with EC development. That's brilliant, and I want
> to make it as easy for you all as possible.
>
> I've (just now) moved the trunk development over to wp-plugins.org,
> which provides a lot of automated support for WP plug-in development. I
> propose that we start by making a new stable release, and then you guys
> can get cracking with new development.
>
> So, two BIG questions:
>
> 1. What's broken when EC is installed on WP2.6.2?
>
> Are there any vital patches that Darrell hasn't already applied? If so,
> then let's get them applied in the next few days.
>
> 2. Who's keen to contribute?
>
> I'll need your WordPress login. I already have Jess Planck, Darrell
> Schulte and Rick Boatright. Anyone else?
>
> If you go and register at http://wpcal.firetree.net, then I'll give you
> write-access to that blog, too.
>

> The future...
>
> I propose that we keep this mailing list going. The amount of traffic on
> it suggests that you all find it a useful resource. The custom Google
> search on http://wpcal.firetree.net also searches the list archives - I
> think that's a mine of really useful information.
>
> With more developers, there's a need for a less help-orientated forum.
> Can Trac provide that? Would you like me to start a new developers'
> mailing list?
>
> Perhaps we/you could use the blog at http://wpcal.firetree.net as a
> forum for discussing development progress? If we want to promote EC,
> then it would certainly help to have a frequently updated web-site
> devoted to it.
>
> regards,
>
> -Alex Tingle
>
> --
> :: Let me solve your problems: http://www.firetree.net/alex/
> :: alex.tingle AT firetree.net  +44-7901-552763

Kurt Greenbaum
kurt at igreenbaum.com
http://igreenbaum.com