[EventCalendar] Re: ec3_get_past_events()

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Thu Oct 9 20:30:06 UTC 2008

On 9 Oct 2008, at 21:06, Damon Timm wrote:

> Thanks Darrel for the link - basically it does the opposite for
> "ec3_get_events()" in that it gets PAST events rather than future
> ones (and
> starts by listing the most recent).  I like it because I want people
> to see
> what just happened as well as what's coming up.
>
> You can see it in action at: www.rosaleeshow.com (bottom left of the
> blog).
>
> I went ahead and did a fresh install of wordpress and of ec3 (from the
> wordpress plugin page) and it works fine.  My only caveat is that the
> function recycles TONS of code from the ec3_get_events()
> function ... a
> smarter way would be to create a different function that could take an
> argument (like "past" or "future") and then have ec3_get_events() and
> ec3_get_past_events() call that respectively ... less bloat.

I designed a whole new set of template functions that basically make
it possible to just use WP's query_posts() function. That would get
rid of nonsense like the stupid templates in ec3_get_events() - they
are just too inflexible. There's always someone who wants it to do
something new.

I've got running code somewhere - I'll post it after we've got the
current code stabilised.

Anyone got more problem reports on the current code?
   http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/event-calendar.zip