[EventCalendar] New stable release. Move to svn.wp-plugins.org

Ralf Strandell ralf.strandell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 06:07:17 UTC 2008

I have a strong interest in keeping EC3 compatible with Gengo. My php/wp
skills are very limited, though. And I can barely use diff and patch, but I
have no experience with SVN

I have modified EC3 slightly (as instructed on this list) so that the ec3
widget displays events only in the current language. Some people might
prefer seeing them in all available languages, but I am displaying only one
language at a time.

At line 278 in template-functions.php I added this vague piece of code:

// **********************
// Return $post->language_id set by Gengo
//
  function ec3_language_id($return = false) {
        global $post;
        if ($return) return $post->language_id;
        else echo $post->language_id;
  }

// If Gengo is installed (then the_language is defined)
// then set ec3_gengo_current_language
// A better existence check for Gengo would be needed, though
  if (function_exists(the_language)) {
  $ec3_gengo_current_language=ec3_language_id(true);
  }

// **********************

Next I ADDED two lines of code in the "Find the upcoming events" section a
few lines below:
The line containing post2lang and $ec3_gengo_current_language

  // Find the upcoming events.
      // Note that the table prefix is FIXED here. It should be dynamic,
i.e. read from somewhere
      LEFT JOIN abcd_post2lang l ON l.post_id=p.id
     WHERE p.post_status='publish'
       AND end>='$ec3->today' $and_before
      // What if the current language has NOT been set?
        AND l.language_id='$ec3_gengo_current_language'
     ORDER BY start $limit_numposts"

WEAKNESSES
Existence check for gengo, table prefix fixed string, what if languaga not
set, what if user wants to see events in ALL languages at the same time?

In addition to this I also added some gengo_snippets() to ec3-widget ...

Comments?