[EventCalendar] EC3 install wiping out my sidebar

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Sat Oct 11 08:18:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM, <silverbar at pacbell.net> wrote:

>> I'm brand new to this facility, so the chance of this being cockpit
>> error
>> is quite high. I installed EC3 today and activated it through the
>> admin
>> panel. It shows up fine, but...none of the other stuff that was in my
>> sidebar is there anymore.
>>
>> I experimented with a couple of different themes, with the same
>> results.
>> Again, it only happens when I add the widget to the current widgets
>> list.
>> When I remove it from that list, I get my sidebar back.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Here's my site:
>>
>> www.scopedin.com/radiosilverbar/

Have you turned it off? I can't see any problem.

On 11 Oct 2008, at 03:56, Rick Boatright wrote:

> when I look at the firefox error console when running your homepage
> I  get
> multiple occurances of
>
> "unknown property: filter"

That *is* from EC. "filter:" is one of Microsoft's stupid CSS
extensions. We have to use it for the transparent popups, because MS
can't be bothered to implement "opacity:" properly.

It causes a warning on proper browsers, but otherwise it's safely
ignored.