[EventCalendar] Re: Feature Request?

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:17:29 UTC 2008

On 10/15/08, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:

> I was thinking of it the other way round. So, if some *other* plug0in makes
> a 'location' custom field, EC could pick it up and use it. That way we don;t
> have to write a user-interface ;-)

Maybe I don't fully understand custom fields ... but, how I used it on my
site, was to just create my own by typing them in (under the custom fields
tab you can add one right to a post or choose from a drop-down list of
previous keys used on the site) ... my thinking was that maybe EC could
search the post's array of key/values and if a key was "location" or
"ec3_location" or something, that information could be included in the iCal
export (or in some other neat feature).

Actually *adding* the "custom field" key/value could be left to the user ...
I don't see the need for an additional plugin.  But again: I may not be
understanding it correctly.

Damon