[EventCalendar] Re: Feature Request?

Samuel Clemance s_clemance at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:06:43 UTC 2008

I can see something like that working Damon.  Custom Fields would work ok
but I think adding at least location is basic functionality for a calendar
as almost every calendar now days has that field in it.  I can see the
ec3_attendees being a sweet function for buddypress and MU ;) but may be a
lot of work for basic installations?  not sure.  Again I'm not much of a
programmer.  I would be interested in seeing what you did for your site
though.  I just noticed that your post title for your events was typically
the same as the location and assumed they were.

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:00:45 -0400
> From: "Damon Timm" <damontimm at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [EventCalendar] Re: Feature Request?
> To: "Support for EventCalendar plugin" <eventcalendar at firetree.net>
>
> Do you think the "custom fields" area would be a good place to store these
> values ?  I know there is a LOT of stuff one can add to any calendar and I
> like the idea of keeping it as simple as possible -- but if the plugin
> made available keys like "ec3_location" or "ec3_attendees" it may be an
> easy
> way to add additional functionality without burdening the plugin.
>
> Is a thought.
>

> On 10/15/08, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:
>>

>> On Oct 15, 2008, at 11:16 AM, Damon Timm wrote:
>>
>>> Might there be an easy way for the iCal export to look for a "custom
>>>>

>> On 15 Oct 2008, at 17:45, Darrell Schulte wrote:
>>
>>> I like the idea, however, say you have an event called, "Monthly
>>> Meeting"
>>> and it convenes on Jan 1, Feb 2, Mar 3, etc...and they meet in a new
>>> place
>>> every month...using custom fields to manage this might become
>>> problematic.
>>> If the location didn't change, you could have 12 events in that one
>>> post --
>>> pulling the 'location' custom field without issue and as needed. If you
>>> have
>>> 12 different locations, you'd have to have 12 posts for each event date