[EventCalendar] Re: Feature Request?

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:10:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:

> I prefer straight "human readable" names (particularly 'location') because we
> are going to be asking users to interact with them. AND because I don't think
> it's likely that we'll have a conflict - if any other plugin uses the same
> name, it's highly likely that the data is going to be suitable for us too.

I think human readable is great ("location" and "geo") - I was
concerned about the conflict and didn't know if we wanted to "play it
safe" (so I went with safe because - secretly - I am afraid of making
a mess of things) but if it may interact better with other plugins
that's awesome.

I don't use iCal myself - are there more fields we should consider
including ?  And, do we want to initialize these keys when users
install the plugin for the first time so they can choose from the drop
down list (rather than have them hand type them)?

Thanks for fixing it all better - smile.

Damon