[EventCalendar] Event Calendar - Recuring Event

Pat Erler perler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:17:14 UTC 2008

i'm not sure if they'll hate it, most people will not be affected by this
change anyway and those who need recurring events will be happy if at
least one of those models is implemented.

i think, the one i prefer is easier to implement, all it seems to need is
a table in the db which keeps track of posts that belong together and a
query to this table whenever you change a post to decide if several
other's need to be changed as well..

PAT

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:05:08 +0200, Rick Boatright <rboatright at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As I said Pat,  it's  an issue of philosophy.
>
> It seems _unlikely_ that EC3 will support both models (although I suppose
> that's possible. )
>
> The point is, some people will hate EITHER model.
>
> Rick
>

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Pat Erler <perler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:25:46 +0200, Rick Boatright
>> <rboatright at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  There is a MAJOR  ---  utterly non-trivial problem here, and at the
>> core
>>> it
>>> is philosophical.
>>>
>>> Remember that in EC3, calendar entries are WORD PERFECT POSTS.
>>>
>>> So, when creating a recurring event, which of the following do you do?
>>>
>>> 1) Add multiple SCHEDULE items to a SINGLE POST            or
>>> 2) Add multiple POSTS to the blog?
>>>
>>> 1) has the disadvantage you cite below:  The schedule gets messy (to
>>> say
>>> the