[EventCalendar] Event Calendar - Recuring Event

Tony Galecki tony.galecki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:30:54 UTC 2008

One item I haven't seen taken into consideration yet is the
modification of a single event in a sequence of events.  For example,
normally on Tuesday you have a general body meeting, except sometimes
you do something different, location, time etc.  Depending on the
implementation, resolving these conflicts without each event being
unique could be an interesting challenge.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Pat Erler <perler at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm not sure if they'll hate it, most people will not be affected by this
> change anyway and those who need recurring events will be happy if at least
> one of those models is implemented.
>
> i think, the one i prefer is easier to implement, all it seems to need is a
> table in the db which keeps track of posts that belong together and a query
> to this table whenever you change a post to decide if several other's need
> to be changed as well..
>
> PAT
>

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:05:08 +0200, Rick Boatright <rboatright at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> As I said Pat,  it's  an issue of philosophy.
>>
>> It seems _unlikely_ that EC3 will support both models (although I suppose
>> that's possible. )
>>
>> The point is, some people will hate EITHER model.
>>
>> Rick
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Pat Erler <perler at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:25:46 +0200, Rick Boatright <rboatright at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  There is a MAJOR  ---  utterly non-trivial problem here, and at the core

>>> nope, this is exactly what a lot of people want. when you have a meeting
>>> or
>>> a broadcast every 2 weeks, you want to have a post for each of them, no
>>> clutter here. just put them in a group to remove them all at once (or
>>> make
>>> changes to them) and you are done (besie the sideffects i forget here ;)
>>> )
>>>
>>> PAT

Anyone who is at war with himself cannot be
expected to be at peace with others.—Thome Fang