[EventCalendar] Event Calendar - Recuring Event

firetree_ec3 at spamex.com firetree_ec3 at spamex.com
Fri Oct 17 18:46:55 UTC 2008

Alex is right. It really needs to be one event.

The issue comes when you need to put in exceptions (This week's
meeting will be on Thursday, instead of Wednesday). In cases like
this, you need to make sure that the event that would normally show is
hidden, and the exception is displayed. The exception needs to be tied
to the original, but as to HOW tied; well, that ain't such a simple
question. Should the only difference be the time and date? Suppose
they are also meeting in a different location?

The vCalendar (iCal) format has a gazillion different fields to
describe repeats and exceptions. In the work I'm doing, I had about
2/3 of them accounted for, but I still have some more to go.

catchall account