[EventCalendar] Additional Properties? Calendar View?

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:21:28 UTC 2008

Hi Simon -

1. Currently, Event Calendar doesn't have its *own* additional
properties for an event -- however, you can use Wordpress's "Custom
Fields" to create key/value pairs for any post.  The 3.2.dev branch of
event calendar will even export a "location" key and "geo" key to
iCal.  You would need to use your own template functions to retrieve
this information in your theme (i.e., the get_post_meta() function).
I use "custom fields" with my events ... you can see this example:
http://www.rosaleeshow.com/2008/09/15/mishawaka-in/ (the custom fields
are displayed in the upper-right red sidebar).

2. You can format your theme with Event Calendar's template tags
anyway you would like.  Visit:
http://wpcal.firetree.net/template-functions/ to see which functions
are available.  I use the category view to show my events in a table.
For example: http://www.rosaleeshow.com/category/show-dates/ ... using
the template functions you have a lot of flexibility.

Hope this helps,

Damon