[EventCalendar] Additional Properties? Calendar View?

Lorenzo De Tomasi lorenzo.detomasi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:38:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Damon Timm <damontimm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon -
>
> 1. Currently, Event Calendar doesn't have its *own* additional
> properties for an event -- however, you can use Wordpress's "Custom
> Fields" to create key/value pairs for any post.  The 3.2.dev branch of
> event calendar will even export a "location" key and "geo" key to
> iCal.  You would need to use your own template functions to retrieve
> this information in your theme (i.e., the get_post_meta() function).
> I use "custom fields" with my events ... you can see this example:
> http://www.rosaleeshow.com/2008/09/15/mishawaka-in/ (the custom fields
> are displayed in the upper-right red sidebar).

I suggest an integration with GeoPress <
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/geopress/ > instead of new features in
EC.
If I want to specify a place I install EC + Geopress and, if EC both detects
Geopress and finds a place specified in a post, displays the place address
in the event infos.

What do you think?

Best regards

--