[EventCalendar] bigcalendar in 3.2dev

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Oct 22 02:33:02 UTC 2008

Right, I have checked in my changes. !!They are experimental!! but they seem
to work. New things:

* New feeds:
 http://blog.com/feed/ical
 http://blog.com/feed/ec3xml

* Event template functions now have a new iterator class, for looping over
event lists. Use it like this

     // First a normal loop over the current query's posts.
     while(have_posts())
     {
       the_post();
       // Now a nested loop, over the events in each post.
       for($evt=ec3_iter_post_events(); $evt->valid(); $evt->next())
       {
       }
     }

or

     if(have_posts())
     {
       for($evt=ec3_iter_all_events(); $evt->valid(); $evt->next())
       {
       }
     }

* New class ec3_Calendar, will eventually replace various ad hoc stuff in
templates.pgp. You need to extend the class to provide your own calendar
rendering. EC plugins will provide different renderer classes, eg. Big
Calendar, sidebar calendar, whatever. See feed-ec3xml.php for a crude example
of how to use it.

* Old code moved off into legacy.php.

* Probably some other stuff.

Way past my bedtime, now. Goodnight.