[EventCalendar] 3.2dev and wp2.7

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Oct 22 14:35:45 UTC 2008

On 22 Oct 2008, at 15:06, Damon Timm wrote:

> I will look at it again tonight, but what I saw last week VERY briefly
> before I ran away back to 2.6.2 was...

Thanks for looking at that Damon. You are a star.

Someone posted a couple of fixes to the trunk and didn't mirror them
over to the 3.1 branch. Something in widget.php, and something in
eventcalendar3.php for Wp2.3 backwards compatibility.

> - on the "write post" page the "event editor" was showing up on the
> very TOP of the page above everything else

Michael Blaha posted some suggested changes to the event editor on
13th October. I have not had a chance to examine them yet.

> - events wouldn't truly be created -- it acted like an event would
> create, but then after saving the post it forgot ...

Lisa Boyd saw this symptom last week. It turned out to be her database
rejecting SQL like:

   INSERT table_name ...

which should be:

   INSERT INTO table_name ...

That's fixed in trunk and 3.1 branch, but not in 3.1.1. Could that be
your problem?