[EventCalendar] 3.2dev and wp2.7

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Wed Oct 22 15:15:30 UTC 2008

On 22 Oct 2008, at 16:04, Damon Timm wrote:

> On 10/22/08, Rick Boatright <rboatright at gmail.com> wrote:
>> One oddness...  when posting the EC3 date functions are at the TOP
>> of the
>> post page (this may of course, change.)
>>
>> One brokeness ...   you enter a post, enter a date and publish it
>> DOES NOT
>> SAVE THE DATE...  and no entry is made into the EC3 calendar.  --
>> ooops.
>>
>> Further testing shows I can not EDIT the date on an existing post
>> successfully either.
>
> That's what I saw last week, too.
>
> I am not that savvy with svn either -- do we need a 3.1 branch so we
> can post updates leading to a 3.1.2 stable release ?  I will switch to
> the 3.1.1 tag but not sure how to post diffs back to it ... or if I
> should?  Guidance?

Yes, the 3.1 branch is where we put changes that will eventually
become 3.1.2. It should only contain small bug fixes. All the big
changes happen on the trunk.

To check out 3.1, just do:
   svn co https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/branches/3.1

(If you use a GUI, such as TortoiseSVN, then you will have to type/
paste that into a dialogue box somewhere.)

You can switch your 'trunk' working directory over to a different
branch:
   svn switch https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/branches/3.1

and back:
   svn switch https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/trunk

Again, if you use a GUI, then the switch functionality will be in
there somewhere.

> I had posted patches to the trunk (3.2.dev) that updated widget.php
> and eventcalendar3.php (with a note about backwards compatibility with
> 2.3) -- that may have been what you saw, Alex ... but those fixes
> weren't to address the problem rick and I described.

Yes, I know they weren't related to 2.7. It just occurred to me, so I
mentioned it.