[EventCalendar] Event Calendar Bug in calendar sidebar widget and unpublished posts

Olaf Klejnstrup-Jensen topsys at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:47:19 UTC 2008

First of all, hello to all on this list, my name is Olaf.

I installed the Event Calendar 3.1.1 today after downloading it from
Wordpress.org and I think I found a small bug in the Calendar script.

As stated on the EC site, all support questions should be directed at the
mailing list, that is why I am writing it here, if this is wrong, I would
like to apologize in advance.

The bug is regarding the calendar widget in the sidebar and is the
following.

Posts that are saved as draft still appear in the calendar widget in the
sidebar in blue, but when you click them you get a 404 error page, as the
post is still not published. I would imagine that this is an easy fix, just
a change to a db call, but I am not in to the specifics of wordpress coding,
so I could not see where to change this in the eventcalendar3.php file.

This, as stated, is a small bug, but might confuse visitors to a site, as
it, on mouse over, shows the title of the drafted post, but when clicked
gives an error and to avoid multiple mails regarding this from future
visitors to me, and possibly you guys using this plugin as well, I am
sending this mail.

If you need an example of the bug, please let me know and I will provide you
with a link.

By the way, let me also thank you for your time on developing this great
plugin.

Best regards,

Olaf