[EventCalendar] Event Calendar Bug in calendar sidebar widget and unpublished posts

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 01:03:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:
> I don't think that's a post, it's a published page. So the bug is: we
> shouldn't be including pages' publishing dates in the calendar.

You are right -- I would vote for NOT having pages show up in the
dynamic calendar ... because I think pages leave the realm of "date of
post/event" territory.  That's my thought.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Rick Boatright <rboatright at gmail.com> wrote:
> Saved pages show up as "blue links" in the calendar widget.  -- Confirmed.

I am using wordpress 2.7dev -- if I change a page from "published" to
"unpublished" it goes from being on the calendar as a blue link to no
longer being on the calendar.  So I don't see any unpublished pages on
my calendar using the 3.1 branch from the svn -- maybe that was fixed
already?  Or maybe "unpublished" is different than "draft" ?  Rick -
did you try the soon-to-be 3.1.2 branch?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Olaf Klejnstrup-Jensen
<topsys at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing I noticed, though this might be intentional, is that an event
> appears twice in the calendar, or at least in mine, first as a blue date,
> the date it was written and then as a red date, the date of the event. You
> can see this effect at the sample blog, the event post was written the 23rd
> of Oct and the event is on the 25th of Oct, it appears as blue on the 23rd
> and red on the 25th, though it is the same post.

I just noticed that too -- would need to filter out the "future event"
category from the calendar when "show all posts" is selected ...
that's a second, different, issue I think though.  But I think worth
working on.

Damon