[EventCalendar] Version 3.1.2 BigCalendar

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 22:09:38 UTC 2008

I am, frankly, not a good enough javascript programmer to do the
from-scratch 3.2 js for BC using Alex's new get events loop.

It's _very_ neato, and it looks cool, but it so far appears to be beyond
me.  I'll keep beating on it.

I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's certainly not there
yet.

UNTIL THEN,  I have merged Matthew's version of BigCalendar into EC3 3.1.2,
and tested it against 2.6.3 and 2.7-almost-beta-9300

(((  I did NOT merge in Michael's catagory-filtering )))

I added one functionality which (frankly) I stole from the code for
Events-Calendar 6.8

If you create a page, (or post, but that would be stupid)  and in the text
for the page put

[[EC3BigCalendar]]

The filter for the content will now "magically" drop a big calendar in -
RIGHT THERE -

This means, you can now do a Big Calendar without editing your template
files.  :-)

The BC CSS in the ec3.css file is MINIMAL.   I have better versions, but
it's enough to start with.

These files _claim_ to be 3.1.2  (they are, in fact my mod) and therefore
will not complain about needing to be updated, since the trusted version is
(or soon will be)  3.1.2

If you're already running BC of some sort, you may want to keep a safety
copy of your EC3.css file before installing this one.

Usual disclaimers apply. This works _FOR ME_ -- but may cause your computer
to melt, your teeth to rot, your children to come home late, your cat to
begin barking, etc etc etc...

I -could- put this into a version on the subversion, but frankly,  I'm
afraid to, since I've never CREATED a branch in SVN before.

So,  I'm posting a zip, and sticking with that kind of updating.  Sorry.

http://www.vocshop.com/test/event-calendar-3-1-2-big-calendar.zip