[EventCalendar] Version 3.1.2 BigCalendar

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Sat Oct 25 00:03:33 UTC 2008

Hi Rick,

On 24 Oct 2008, at 23:09, Rick Boatright wrote:

> I am, frankly, not a good enough javascript programmer to do the
> from-scratch 3.2 js for BC using Alex's new get events loop.
>
> It's _very_ neato, and it looks cool, but it so far appears to be
> beyond
> me.  I'll keep beating on it.

I'm still working on the feed. Hopefully it's be ready soon.

> UNTIL THEN,  I have merged Matthew's version of BigCalendar into EC3
> 3.1.2,
> and tested it against 2.6.3 and 2.7-almost-beta-9300
> [snip]
> I -could- put this into a version on the subversion, but frankly,  I'm
> afraid to, since I've never CREATED a branch in SVN before.

That's great. I think you should put it in a new branch, something like:
  https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/branches/3.1-bigcal

Then you can make a tag like:
  https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/tags/3.1.2-bigcal

That will then appear on the WordPress extensions site as an "other
version".

You can create branches and tags using the command-line SVN's
'cp' (copy) command, like this...

svn cp https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/branches/3.1 \
   https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/branches/3.1-bigcal

...then check out your new branch and make the changes. (Make sure you
change the version numbers so that the variant plug-in reports itself
properly.) Then release it with...

svn cp https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/branches/3.1-bigcal \
   https://svn.wp-plugins.org/event-calendar/tags/3.1.2-bigcal

If you are using a graphical SVN client, then it will allow you to
copy directories around somehow. For example, in TortoiseSVN you copy/
paste them, just as you would copy a directory in Windows Explorer.