[EventCalendar] Ec3 Evangelism post

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Oct 27 17:59:23 UTC 2008

On 27 Oct 2008, at 16:28, Rick Boatright wrote:

> Copied from wpcal.firetree.net
> Event Calendar 3 now "most popular"
> !<http://wpcal.firetree.net/2008/10/27/event-calendar-3-now-most-popular/

It's not very clear what "most popular" or "highest rated" actually
mean.

I think "most popular" is a measure of the number of downloads per
day. Our downloads are high at the moment because we've just pushed
out a release - that's why I think we've got to the front page. We
could probably game that system (and annoy our users) by simply
releasing more often!

It would be nice to have access to more refined data. I'd like to see
how many new users we have, as opposed to upgrades. What versions are
people upgrading from?