[EventCalendar] Maroon date

Rick Boatright rboatright at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:59:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Alex Tingle <alex at firetree.net> wrote:

> You need a:
>  global ec3;

Ok,  I'll figure that out...

Furthermore, this isn't doing what you think it is...

> >    if(preg_match("[EC3BigCalendar]",$post_content)) {
>
> [EC3BigCalendar] matches ANY of the letters 'E', 'C', '3', 'B'... etc. I
> think
> you mean...
>
>   if(strpos($post_content,'[EC3BigCalendar]')!==FALSE)
>   {

Actually, no, that works fine, it's the stupidest form of a regular
expression.  "Match this here string."  and works fine...   I _tested_ that.

however,  you've got a good point that strpos is a lot more lightweight and
would be faster on posts of any length at all.

Rick