[EventCalendar] Upcoming Events Widget not displaying events

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Tue Oct 28 22:37:57 UTC 2008

Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> Thanks Alex for finding that stray code in there. I've removed both the
> text widgets that was actually putting it in there twice.
>
> I also upgraded to EC3.1.2 to make sure it wasn't something you've
> already fixed, but I'm still not getting events listed under Upcoming
> Events.

Hmm. Mysterious.

Can you turn on debug mode?... Add this to your wp-config.php:
  define('WP_DEBUG',true);

If you can't do that, then edit the EC3 file template-functions.php. Find the
function ec3_get_events() at line 356. Go down to line 391 and add
"$wpdb->show_errors();". It should look like this...

  if(!$date_format)
      $date_format=get_option('date_format');

  $wpdb->show_errors();

  // Find the upcoming events.
  $calendar_entries = $wpdb->get_results(
    "SELECT DISTINCT

Now, do you see any errors appear on your page?