[EventCalendar] Setting permissions to post calendar events?

rboatright at gmail.com rboatright at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:47:03 UTC 2008

Well, the save function in admin.php says

if(function_exists('current_user_can'))
{
if(!current_user_can('edit_post',$post_id))
return;
}

Does this mean that AUTHORS can not save events, but EDITORS can?

Well, Yep, that's exactly what it means, since we're checking it even on a
NEW post.

(Tested - verified in 2.6.3 and 2.7 editors can save new events, authors
can not save new events. ooops.)

Editors (and admins) can ALWAYS save a post, but authors can only edit
their OWN posts, and for reasons I don't understand current_user_can does
not return true for edit post when you're doing an INITIAL SAVE.

Frankly, I think we probably ought to just comment those lines out. I'm not
sure what they're accomplishing for us.

If the wp-admin function lets you publish the post, why do we question that
about saving it as an event????

-_Rick