[EventCalendar] Event Posting vs. Event Date

Jeff Dodson jeff at singularmarketing.com
Sun Feb 1 16:05:33 UTC 2009

Hello Alex,

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff Dodson wrote:
>
> >> Obviously your archive template is putting big headlines for the post
> >> date. They are irrelevant to you, so you need to get rid of them. Edit
> >> your theme's archive.php.
>
> > Yes, I am sorry I was vague, it was not the sorting I was asking about
> but
> > rather the date above the event was the event post date not the event
> date
> > itself.  Its that date I have a problem with.
> >
> > If I attempt to list the event date in place of the post date in re-
> writing
> > the php, can I use code introduced by event calendar to output the event
> > date, for example the post date looks something like <?php the_time('F
> jS,
> > Y') ?>.  Is there something similar to the_time in EC?  Otherwise I will
> try
> > to get the date out of there.
>
> Absolutely. Use the template functions in template-functions-new.php, for
> example:
>
>  echo ec3_get_start_time('F jS, Y');

Great!  I will use custom.css for now to remove the date but when I've a
moment I will give it a whirl.

> >> It sounds like you want an option to show only posts in the EC sidebar
> >> calendar. OK, that sounds reasonable (if niche). I'll put it on the
> >> wish list.
>
> > Yea, that would be very cool, I was trying to keep the little calendar
> with
> > just posts and no events and all events on the big calendar only. So
> what I
> > did just now was put the EC little calendar in there and call it a site
> > calendar where it displays both events and posts, that is a good thing I
> am
> > deciding, though I could still see a little calendar with just posts
> > valuable, especially if you could have more than one little calendar
> > deployed.
>
> Yes, I see how that would be useful. As I say, I've put it on the to-do
> list.
> I'm really busy with paid work at the moment, so it'll have to wait a
> while.
>
> For now, actual bugs are my main priority with EC.

Understood, thanks for elevating this to a wish list item, I know you have a
lot on your plate.

> > BUT, implementing the little calendar as my site calendar, though it
> fixes
> > the issue with event posts showing incorrectly on the date posted, for
> the
> > regular posts, for each date, the link to the page listing the events is
> > correct until it appends to the end of every link "?ec3_listing=events"
> > resulting in a 404 error for every page.  If you remove
> > "?ec3_listing=events", the links are correct.  What could be causing
> this to
> > happen?
>
> Can you give me a concrete example, please?

All of the links from the calendar (lower right corner) which are not events
have this issue, take the calendar back to January, there are several posts
listed on the calendar.  For example,

http://www.fortbendbuyersagent.com/2009/01/02/?ec3_listing=events
http://www.fortbendbuyersagent.com/2009/01/02/  << this works

or ...