[EventCalendar] event category

Ed Dowding eddowding at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 1 16:26:07 UTC 2009

> TBH, the event category is a bit of a holdover from previous versions. There's
> almost no need for it any more. The calendar and upcoming events widgets
> actually ignore the category and just list all events, so even if things do
> get messed up and you somehow have event posts that are not in the event cat -
> everything will still work as intended.

So it should be showing all events regardless of category they're posted in?

In which case I've found a bug, I think.

On http://new.classictravelling.com/ there's an event which is in May
which is configured just like the rest, but not showing up.

Creating a new event with NO categories:
 - was automatically given an 'event' category
 - shows up in the list

Creating a new event with event categories:
 - shows up in the list

So I guess it's something to do with changing the title of the event
category. What do I need to change in the database / admin to ensure
all events are picked up? The event which ISN'T showing does have the
new event category selected, and deselecting, saving, reselecting,
saving makes no difference.

Any tips?

DID YOU GET EVERYTHING DONE TODAY?
Smart, dedicated, and resourceful graduates
who can help you do more with your time
www.onlinepersonalassistant.com

Stuck for ideas? www.twitter.com/onlinepa

Ed Dowding