[EventCalendar] : custom fields conflict with ec3_get_schedule

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Sun Feb 1 17:25:18 UTC 2009

David Garlitz wrote:
> Hi Alex - through trial and error I found that this was only occurring
> on the home page, where I have some other unusual queries, I was able to
> fix the problem by removing the line:
>
>     $wp_query->in_the_loop = true;
>
> from one of my earlier post queries. I had included that line to make
> the pagination work a certain way, so I'd like to be able to put it back
> in, I think. Any idea why that would make the difference?

Some of EC's code can change which post is "current" - so if we are
in_the_loop, it puts it back the way it was before return control to you. If
you are changing that variable yourself, perhaps it's confusing EC?

> Also, re iconlets, I noticed something else that is rather strange :
> when I elect to include the iconlets in my posts, the post called by the
> query in question displays correctly EXCEPT that the categories are not
> correct. Weird...

Could it be the same problem?

:: Let me solve your problems: http://www.firetree.net/alex/