[EventCalendar] Keep Events Seperate Problem Bug

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Sun Feb 1 21:08:48 UTC 2009

On 1 Feb 2009, at 19:12, Frenchtowner wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I was able to get the archive page looking better:
>
> http://bestofnj.com/2009/02/01/?ec3_listing=events
>

> I do not understand this suggestion from you:
>
> If you want a page with upcoming events listed in event order, then
> try:
>  http://bestofnj.com/?ec3_after=today
> this page does not work.

You have messed around with Wordpress' main loop in your theme's
index.php. Lots of WP functionality breaks when you do that, including
EC's advanced queries. Search the list archives for suggestions on how
to achieve the effect you want without breaking anything.

  Search box is here: http://wpcal.firetree.net/

> Also, thank you for suggesting the time zone change. I did have that
> wrong,
> but it did not fix the problem with today's events not showing today
> on the
> upcoming events. My server is set up in Texas. I don't think this is
> really
> the problem because one of the events continues through Tuesday and
> is not
> being shown.
>
> these two events are not showing:
>
>  Events for 2009 February 01.
> Posted January 25th, 2009
> [image: Princeton Oyster Eating Contest February
> 1]<http://bestofnj.com/2009/01/25/princeton-oyster-fest/> Princeton
> Oyster Eating Contest February
> 1<http://bestofnj.com/2009/01/25/princeton-oyster-fest/>
>
> [ February 1, 2009; 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. ] It's the 10th anniversary
> of the
> Oyster Bowl, New Jersey's annual oyster eating contest and fundraiser
> benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure Central & South Jersey. New
> Jersey's
> Oyster Bowl X is set for Sunday, February 1, 2009
> [image: Wildwood Dog Show January 29 . 30 . 31 . February 1.
> 2]<http://bestofnj.com/2009/01/25/wildwood-dog-show-january-29-30-31-february-1-2/
> >
> Wildwood
> Dog Show January 29 . 30 . 31 . February 1.
> 2<http://bestofnj.com/2009/01/25/wildwood-dog-show-january-29-30-31-february-1-2/
> >

> [ January 29, 2009 to February 2, 2009. ] The Atlantic Coast Classic
> Dog
> Show will be held in the Wildwood Convention Center on the boardwalk
> by the
> sea from Thursday January 29th to Monday February 2nd 2009.

Hmm. That is a puzzle. I'll flag this post and look into it later.