[EventCalendar] Re: Restricting group of users

Pushkin Passey pushkinpassey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:57:07 UTC 2009

Hi Samuel,

I am making my school's (college) first-year website/blog. I tried out the
'Role Scoper' plugin, but it was too complex... I wanted something simple.

Basically, it has two broad sections: 'Notices' and 'Student Blog'. The
students should not be able to post in the Notices category so I used the
'User-Cats Manager' plugin (easiest to use) to restrict all the students to
only be able to post in the 'Students Blog' category.

The students are 'WP Authors' and the tutors are 'WP Editors' so that they
can edit the student stuff as well and post notices.

If I don't restrict the students, then they were able to post notices as
well and it may mess up the site if some bright fellow decides to play a
prank or something!

You can have a look here: http://www.aafys.net. (All the posts are random
texts btw!)

Cheers!