[EventCalendar] About schedules

Alex Tingle alex at firetree.net
Mon Feb 9 16:21:49 UTC 2009

On 9 Feb 2009, at 15:56, Jukka Alander wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I find schedules very important on my blog, so here are couple of
> feature ideas that might be worth implementing for others users as
> well:
>
> - Position of the schedule (before or after the content) in posts
> could
> be changed from the EventCalendar-settings page

Hmm. One of my main goals is to keep the number of options down to a
bare minimum. I assume that anyone who cares *that* much will just put
the call directly into their template - that way you can have it
*exactly* where you want it. (Or you can just put the schedule box
wherever you please, with CSS.)

> - Schedule-table could have a caption field with custom text.

Eh? That's what the post text is for.

> - date formatting support, and custom entry to "to"-column

I don't understand what you mean. You just change the date format by
changing it on the WP General options page. If you want to really
customise your in-post schedule, then write whatever you please into
your template - ec3_the_schedule() is just an example.

(Do make sure you are using v3.2 if you are going to write your own
template code - it's got a much cleaner set of template functions.)