[EventCalendar] RE: Two noob Qs: sched format, delete old entries

rcurzon at spamcop.net rcurzon at spamcop.net
Sun Feb 15 03:43:55 UTC 2009

====== msg
deactivate 3.1.4 before upgrading.
then, delete the 3.1.4 folder

Then copy in the 3.2dev stuff

and then re-activate.

Rick
=====

OK now I've learned a bit of caution ;-) ...

I see the plugins page has 2 stages of "getting rid of the old one".

First I can "deactivate", then I can "delete" in a separate option.

Of course what I'd like is to delete everything in the control panel
data structures...  and everything on the disc.

EXCEPT !!! not lose my database entries.

Is there a risk of that if I do anything here?

Is "delete" here in the Plugins page all I need... or do I have to go
to the file system and delete the tree physically?

Can't be too careful, right?

tx

Quoting rcurzon at spamcop.net: