[EventCalendar] ec3_event_calendar(): clicking on prev or next month doesn't work

Clara Ko clara_ko at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 20:38:04 UTC 2009

Rick,

I removed the Google Slideshow code again, but it still didn't work. (which means the Google Slideshow was not conflicting with ec3)

But upon further digging, I was able to get it to work by removing the xml declaration in feed-ec3xml.php.

That would be the line after:
@header('Content-type: text/xml; charset=' . get_option('blog_charset'));

I got the clue because of the error I got in the Firefox Error Console:

Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Source File: http://europeanpwn-amsterdam.clarako.com/?feed=ec3xml&year=2009&monthnum=3&ec3_listing=events
Line: 2, Column: 1
Source Code:

which led to the next one:
Error: months[0] is undefined
Source File: http://europeanpwn-amsterdam.clarako.com/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar/ec3.js
Line: 641

because it wasn't able to read the XML after the xml declaration.

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Regards,

Clara