[EventCalendar] Is it possible to modify or eliminate the eventtime/date stamp in posts?

Shaun Scovil nightlygigs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 19:25:02 UTC 2009

Thanks Samuel!

I used firebug and was able to tweak the CSS to make it look better. Here is
what I did, in case anyone else wants to do it:

-----[what I did]-----

Edit ec3.css (located in the "wp-content/plugins/event-calendar" folder)

(Go down to line 140)

table.ec3_schedule {
  border:1px solid #880000;
  border-collapse:collapse;
  float:left;
  margin:0.5ex 1ex 0.5ex 0;
}

table.ec3_schedule td {
  color:#880000;
  padding:0 0.5ex;
}

Change "border:1px" to "border:0px" to eliminate the box
Change color:#880000 to the desired text color

-----[end of what i did]-----

Now, I'd like to take this one step further and move the event time/date
stamp down to the bottom of the post.

I figured out where the event calendar plugin adds the time/date stamp
(ec3_schedule array) to a post. It looks like the post gets the stamp before
it is saved into the MySQL database, which is why it shows up at the top of
each post and cannot be edited.

Looking at this code, can anyone tell me which part determines that the
time/date stamp will be added to the top of the post, and if it can be
changed so that it appears at the bottom instead? Here is the code from the
plugin:

---------------------------------

/** Read the schedule table for the posts, and add an ec3_schedule array
 * to each post. */
function ec3_filter_the_posts($posts)
{
  if('array'!=gettype($posts) || 0==count($posts))
    return $posts;

  $post_ids=array();
  // Can't use foreach, because it gets *copies* (in PHP<5)
  for($i=0; $i<count($posts); $i++)
  {
    $post_ids[]=intval($posts[$i]->ID);
    $posts[$i]->ec3_schedule=array();
  }
  global $ec3,$wp_query,$wpdb;
  $schedule=$wpdb->get_results(
    "SELECT post_id,start,end,allday,rpt,IF(end>='$ec3->today',1,0) AS
active
     FROM $ec3->schedule
     WHERE post_id IN (".implode(',',$post_ids).")
     ORDER BY start"
  );
  // Flip $post_ids so that it maps post ID to position in the $posts array.
  $post_ids=array_flip($post_ids);
  if($post_ids && $schedule)
      foreach($schedule as $s)
      {